Marketing on social media doesn’t have to be an uphill battle. With the right preparation, social media can be one of the greatest assets for you business. The following list of tips is just what you need to get started.

Let’s dive in.

  1. Start by telling your customers that you’re actually on social media. Some of your customers may seek you out on their own, but a healthy in-store reminder is all it takes to get a nice boost.
  2. While you’re at it, link your social media pages to your website. You might just attract someone who’s checking out your menu.
  3. It seems obvious, but it’s worth mentioning. Produce content. Customers don’t want to follow a blank page!
  4. Make sure that your content is relevant. Are you a restaurant? Posts about food, daily specials, and more will be right up your alley. Are you a retail store? Maybe you want to talk about what new items you’ve got in stock.
  5. Content Consistency is the name of the game. If your latest post is a month or older, there’s no real incentive to follow, is there?
  6. Spruce up your pages with a professional profile picture and bio.
  7. Keep it interesting. Mix up what kind of posts you’re making once in awhile. Having similar posts isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but a little experimentation can go a lengthy way towards getting new followers. For example: Memes, quotes, recipes, GIFs, or even videos. Try new things!
  8. Start using hashtags. Whether it’s Twitter, Instagram, or even Facebook, (relevant) hashtags can amplify the reach of your posts.
  9. Watch what’s trending. Both Facebook and Twitter list popular stories, hashtags, and more. Posting about a current event or hashtag is a great way to heighten your engagement. (Hint: Just make sure the topic actually makes sense for your business.)
  10. Ask yourself: “Would I want to share this?” If you create content that people end up sharing, you’re that much more likely to wind up in a new follower’s newsfeed.
  11. On the subject of sharing, try sharing content from other pages. It’s a good way to diversify your posts, and maybe get some followers from a different page.
  12. Remember the 80/20 Rule of social media. 80% of your content should inform, educate, and entertain. The other 20% is where you actually promote the business. Having a balance in your content is essential.
  13. Remain active. Monitoring your pages so that you can respond to questions and comments. Engagement runs both ways, and people will notice your efforts.
  14. Keep on eye on which of your posts are the most popular. Capitalize on what works.
  15. Incentivize your customers to follow you. Deals, coupons, you name it. Customers will follow you for a deal

16. Try CoGoBox

Want to rule the social media game? CoGoBox is the key. The tips that I’ve listed will help you. That’s 100% certain. But CoGoBox will take those tips, and amplify their effectiveness with extremely minimal effort on your behalf. CoGoBox isn’t just a tool – It’s a service.

We automatically get you more followers, just by using your in-store WiFi! The best part? There’s a whole bevy of additional benefits we provide, such as digital loyalty programs and customer profiles. Check out the rest of our website to discover more!

Have any social media tips of your own? Let us know in the comments! 

16-tips-to-get-more-social-media-followers-raquo-nconnections