Marketing automation is a wonderful thing. I mean, you literally market… automatically! What’s better than that?
But just because you’ve written your emails and setup your campaigns, doesn’t mean that your job is finished. The best marketing automators are flexible, and they’re constantly learning from both their success and failures.
There’s a complexity to it. Like the old saying goes: easy to use, hard to master.
Let’s take a look at these eight amazing marketing automation tips to help you out, and take your skills to the next level.
- Try to inject as much personality as you can into everything you automate. Customers can spot inauthenticity a mile away, and it’s your job to try and speak to them as down-to-earth as you can. Read that message out loud to yourself. Does it sound natural? Show it to your friend, spouse, or even colleagues to get a second opinion. Ask how they’d feel if they got that message.
- Segment and personalize. Personality is one thing. Making sure your customers are getting the right message is another. The quickest way to lose their interest is to send them content that’s totally irrelevant to who they are, and what they’re interested in.
- An easy way to nail Tip 2 is to try a service like CoGoBox. Our service collects profile information from guests when they log in to the in-business HotSpot via Facebook, Email Address or Phone Number. A full customer profile is developed, stored, and automatically sent to your Marketing List of choice, like HubSpot, MailChimp, and Constant Contact. It’s pretty handy!
- Don’t just promote – Engage. Marketing automation has a lot of varied uses, and it doesn’t have to be limited to promoting sales and deals. Have a poll, try a contest, or even run a sweepstakes!
- Nail your timing. Think about who your customers are. What are their occupations? How old are they? Take these kinds of questions into account when you time your messages. Check your open rates to see how effective your times are, and revise.
- Speaking of making revisions, keep revising everything! Constantly monitor your results. If something’s going wrong in your current campaign, there’s no reason you shouldn’t fix it on the fly. Our state-of-the-art SMS service, CoGoText, gives you all the tools you need to do just that – guaranteeing that all of your texting campaigns are meeting your expectations.
- Surprise them with a birthday message. Add in an exclusive birthday deal, and they’ll really be happy with you – especially if they’re one of your most frequent customers.
- Keep it concise. Attention spans are low these days, so get to the point quick. Make sure you use simple language and phrases too. A helpful hint is to, at the very least, make sure the most important information is in the first line of the message.
Have you tried marketing automation? Have any tips? Sound off in the comments!