Every business should be on social media in some capacity. If you’re not, then you’re missing out. But if you are, then there’s a few key things that you need to know.
Here’s 5 social media rules that EVERY professional should know.
- In the age of here-and-now, it’s very tempting to post your ideas as soon as they pop into your head. Don’t. Write your ideas down. Consider them. Review them. Show your potential post to your employees or coworkers, and see what they think. Unless your post absolutely has to be posted ASAP, there’s no reason you shouldn’t take the time you need to look it over.
- Post the right content on the right channels. If your business is posting across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and so on, you’ll want to do several things. To start, you’ll want to optimize your content for each channel. That means doing things like shortening your post to fit Twitter’s 140 character limit, or finding the most impactful image for Instagram. Secondly, you should ask yourself this question: “Does this post fit on this social network?” Not every post will be ideal for every single social network. I can pretty much guarantee that your LinkedIn posts shouldn’t be the same as your Instagram posts!
- Think about your audience. Who are you targeting? Are you B2B? A restaurant? A retail store? Where an entertaining meme may work with one business, it may not go over so well with another. This ties back into Tip 2. Not every post will be appropriate for every social network, because you may have entirely different audiences across each of these networks. When you post, think about who’s going to read your message. Consider how they might respond. Will they laugh? Find your message informative? It all depends.
- Define your social media personality. A lot of very successful social media accounts have incredibly distinctive personalities. There are so many different ways to reflect your personality via social media, and it all comes back to what your brand is trying to accomplish. Some brands, like Wendy’s, excel at humor and wit. It says it all in their Twitter bio: “We like our tweets the same way we like to make hamburgers: better than anyone expects from a fast food joint.” Find your personality. Then hone in on it.
- Have a clear goal in mind. What are you trying to achieve with your social media presence? You could be going after lead generation, an active social media community, or simply another avenue to promote your business. Decide what you want to accomplish, then tailor your content to suit your needs. If your content isn’t serving your overall goal, then it’s probably not necessary.
Master Social Media With CoGoBox
Rise to the top of the social media game with CoGoBox. Our state-of-the-art service automatically gets you more followers – just by using in-store WiFi! We provide you with fully trackable metrics and crucial data behind all of your customers. We’ll make sure that you have the exact information that your clients are looking for!
To cap that off, there’s a whole bevy of additional benefits we provide, such as digital loyalty programs, customer profiles, and more! Check out the rest of our website to discover more!
What social media rules do you swear by? Let us know in the comments!