In marketing, excitement takes many forms. Buildup. Promotion. Hype. They’re present in all industries.
People love buying into hype. There’s a deep psychological need inside of us that drives us to look towards what’s next. There’s so many things that you can do to manipulate hype in your favor. Generating buildup is an art, and if you do it effectively, your company will reap all the benefits.
Whether it’s a product, an event, a new store opening, or something else entirely, here’s five quick tips that are guaranteed to get your customers excited.
- Start with a plan. Let’s say you’ve decided that you’re going to launch a product in three months. Before you do anything, there’s a few things you’ll need to decide upon. When are you going to announce the product? What are you going to reveal about it? What are you going to do to promote it within the span of that three months AND after it launches?
- Tease the announcement. Maybe place a countdown on your website. Announce that there’s going to be a big reveal. Tell everyone to check your social media page tomorrow at noon. That’s how you get people excited about something before they even know what it is.
- Drip the details out. Holding a few surprises back will go a long way to reignite interest in what’s coming. Did you hire a band for the upcoming event? Is this year’s product $50 cheaper than last year’s model? Stuff like that.
- Run contests or giveaways in the lead-up. Getting your customers involved keeps them interested, and it makes them appreciate the brand.
- Produce videos for your social media. Showing off the product before it’s released in the form of a hands-on video demonstrates that it’s a real, tangible thing. If it’s an event, then showing a behind-the-scenes video detailing all the setup and preparation works too.
Build Hype With CoGoBuzz
With CoGoBuzz, building the buzz for your next big thing is easier than ever. Our affordable service gives your business a ton of new ways to get your customers excited – and it all happens through their mobile devices. Using state-of-the-art WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions, we promote every aspect of your business both in-store and out.
Here’s how it works. When your in-store customers connect to your HotSpot, they’ll login via Facebook, phone number, or Email, which we’ll then use to develop a full customer profile. Customers are taken to your business’s custom landing page, where they can be incentivized to Like you on social media in exchange for a deal, or even join your brand new, powerful text-based loyalty program.
When you can instantly promote big sales, events, products, and more, all directly to your customers’ mobile devices, building hype becomes totally effortless. To learn more about what CoGoBuzz can do for you, check out the rest of our website.
Have any tips for building hype? Let us know in the comments!