Whether your restaurant barely has a website, or your knocking your digital presence out-of-the-park, it’s a good idea to evaluate if you’ve got everything down. To try and help, I’ve put together a handy checklist.
I’ve gone ahead and separated the checklist into the following categories, detailing your digital presence via website, social media, and beyond. Check it out!
- The menu. If your menu isn’t on your website, what’s the point?
- Directions and address. Most people will pop your address into their map app of choice, but it’s helpful to have directions too – especially if there’s any tourism in your area.
- High-quality images, showing off the food, staff, and scenery.
- Contact information. This includes any relevant phone numbers or email addresses.
- About section.
- SEO optimization.
- Links to social media and review sites.
- Optimized for mobile. Pull your website up on your phone/tablet to make sure it works!
- You’re on the right platforms. Facebook and Instagram are the big ones. Snapchat and Twitter may be worth looking into depending on your audience.
- All of that general information (e.g. about section, contact info, address, etc.)
- Image-based and video-based posts. They get higher engagement. Go the extra mile.
- Avoid text-heavy posts. Attention spans are far too short to deal with long paragraphs.
- Share your content marketing. Everything from blog posts to how-to videos are on the table.
- Run contests and polls. Keep your audience engaged.
- Share deals, promote Happy Hour, and talk about upcoming events.
- Responsiveness. If a customer comments on one of your posts, get back to them ASAP.
- Free WiFi. Your customers expect and appreciate it.
- WiFi marketing. WiFi s an excellent marketing tool for restaurants. (Read more about WiFi marketing here.)
- Social media logos. Put them on your menus, on the door, news board, and wherever it makes sense.
- SMS marketing. It’s time to get on board with text marketing.
- Digitized loyalty program. (We recommend a text-based loyalty program.)
- Email newsletter. A lot of marketers overlook the importance of email, but it’s actually pretty valuable when dealing with your core audience.
Perfect your digital presence with CoGoBuzz
Want to really perfect your restaurant’s digital presence? Do it with CoGoBuzz, our state-of-the-art digital service. We leverage advanced WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions to create repeat customers automatically.
Through a one-time login to your in-store HotSpot, customers can check out your latest deals, menus, and more directly from their mobile devices. We’ll automatically produce a full customer profile for every single one of those customers, hooking you up with crucial data. Have a social media problem? With our service, you can have customers get a deal in exchange for a Facebook Like, straight from your restaurant’s custom landing page. On top of that, we’ll set your restaurant up with a fully digital, text-based loyalty program, allowing you to engage with them wherever they go.
To learn more about CoGoBuzz, check out the rest of our website!
What do you think is vital to a restaurant’s digital success? Let us know in the comments!