First impressions are everything. More often than not, the very first time a person interacts with a business, they do so on a mobile device. Whether they’re searching for a local bite to eat on Google, or they’re checking out their friend’s latest Facebook rant on their new favorite store – it probably happened on a mobile device.
This is why mobile marketing is absolutely vital in 2017, to businesses large and small.
Customers browse, shop, and socialize constantly from their mobile devices, and having an understanding of how to market via these devices is crucial. Effective mobile marketing is more intimate and personalized than ever, so it’s important to have a strategy in place.
- Optimize your website for mobile. Remember what I said about first impressions? This is where many of your first impressions will happen. Having a website that scales between desktop browsers, tablets, and phones isn’t just good marketing. It’s good business.
- Don’t overcomplicate your mobile website. People have far less patience when browsing around the web on their phones. Don’t make it difficult.
- Get social. According to VentureBeat, 54.2% of Facebook users access it exclusively via a mobile device. When it comes to social media, you need to think with the mobile device in mind. Like I said in the first tip, mobile users have less patience. That means shorter posts and attention-grabbing visuals are key here.
- Make sure you stay engaged with your audience. Respond to comments as quickly and politely as possible. If a customer has an issue on social media, it’ll look much better for your business if you’ve diffused the problem as soon as possible.
- Don’t just rely on a single platform for social media. Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, or even Pinterest may be more effective for your audience. You may even want to diversify your content between platforms. The more you put into social media, the more you’ll get out of it.
- Mobile loyalty. Customers love a good deal, especially when it’s not only personalized, but sent straight to their phones via text message. It feels exclusive, and it’s one of the most effective ways to foster loyalty.
- In-location digital marketing with CoGoBox. If you really want to take your mobile marketing to an entirely new level, you’re going to fall in love with CoGoBox. Our state-of-the-art service empowers your mobile marketing on three fronts – WiFi, SMS, and Email. Customers login to your HotSpot through Facebook, Email, or phone number. That’s when they arrive at your business’s custom landing page, where they can Like or check-in on social media for a deal, sign up for your Loyalty Program, and even receive targeted advertisements tailored to their interests.
What tips do you have for mobile marketing? Let us know in the comments!