Have a digital presence? Then you’ve got digital content.
Digital content covers a broad spectrum. It’s everything you post to social media, all the images you use on your website, and yes – even the blogs you happen to be writing.
Not all content is created equal however. Bad content won’t do you any favors. Good content, however, will lead your brand to success… As long as you know what you’re doing! Here’s 15 awesome tips on digital content to get you started.
- Discover your audience. Connect with your customers however you can. Find out what makes them tick. Who are they? How old are they? What are their likes and dislikes?
- Next, segment that audience. Depending on your brand, you may be curating content for vastly different groups. Having an understanding of your different audience segments, makes creating a content message vastly easier.
- Define your message. What purpose does your content serve? Is it to get more followers? Is it to sell more product?
- Measure your content’s success. Constantly monitor how your content is doing. Measure Likes, comments, impressions, etc.
- Keep your content consistent. Are you posting weekly? Daily? Somewhere in between? Find your sweet spot, and then stick to it.
- Test new things. Never stop trying to find out what works. You can always do better.
- Engage the audience. Respond to all the comments you can, as quickly as you can. They will take notice.
- Embrace what makes each social media platform unique. Don’t just copy and paste your content from Facebook to Twitter, or Instagram to Snapchat.
- Use interesting, vivid, and relevant images.
- Write attention-grabbing copy, and optimize for SEO. Write headlines that pop, but also make sure they’ll show up on Google.
- Always be aware of what your competitors are doing.
- Have a call-to-action in your content. Pose a question to your audience to get them to comment.
- Inject a little humor here-and-there. How much humor will vary from brand to brand. Your content is part of an interpersonal relationship between you and your audience. Humor can make your brand relatable.
- Ask yourself: “Is this content useful to my audience?” If the answer is a resounding “No,” then you may need to rethink it a bit.
- Strive for originality. Truly original, unique content will stand out from the pack, especially when it comes to search engines. Create content that hasn’t been done before, but yet still fulfills your audience’s needs.
Go Digital with CoGoBox
CoGoBox is the ultimate platform for your promoting your digital content. Not only does our service build your social media audience automatically, it also discovers crucial insight into your customers. We provide you with fully realized customer profiles, ensuring that you have all the information you need to create and deliver content that your audience will appreciate and engage with.
Whether you’re promoting content via in-store WiFi, SMS, or our integrated Email solution, our state-of-the-art service sets you up for success. Check out the rest of our website to learn more!
What kind of digital content do you create? Have any tips of your own? Let us know in the comments!