Welcome to the Holiday Season. November has arrived, the temperature is plummeting, and the Christmas music is starting to play (already!). Feels too early? It’s not! In fact, Wikipedia even states that the Holiday Season officially begins on November 1st. So, there you have it.
But seriously though, even if you don’t feel like abiding by Wikipedia’s definition of when the Holiday Season starts, if there’s one thing I know for certain, it is never too early to start thinking about your Holiday marketing.
With shopping, eating, and commercialism galore set for the next two months, let’s dig into some marketing tips to take you through Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Depending on the family, Thanksgiving can be a surprisingly stressful time. This is a good thing to keep in mind when constructing your marketing campaigns for the season. Try to develop campaigns that offer conveniences for your customers. It could be a free gift card to the store. Maybe it’s a complimentary sample. Pretty much anything to lower their stress level works.
- Thanksgiving is all about giving right? Give to your most loyal customers (AKA: your loyalty program members) something special.
- Hold a Thanksgiving-themed event. A great way to get some positive publicity might be to hold a food drive, a giveaway, or a fundraiser.
- Deck out your social media with Thanksgiving posts. Think turkeys, pilgrim hats, and well, food. Lots and lots of food.
- Early Black Friday. That’s right. Hold a day (or weekend) where you slash your sales big time. Now this shouldn’t be an actual replacement for Black Friday, but it’s a definitely a good way to turn some heads, and help dominate your customer mindshare all month long.
- Focus on your best deals, and promote them everywhere. A fun idea for social media is to focus on a new deal every day in the week leading up to Black Friday.
- If you’re going to be open late (or opening early on Thanksgiving), make sure you highlight that in your marketing. Your customers will want to know.
- Inject some excitement into your store. Lights, music, pizza, whatever works. Do something to set yourself apart from all the other stores on the block. Half the battle is just reeling customers into the store.
Holiday Marketing With CoGoBuzz
This Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Holiday Season, CoGoBuzz is all you’ll need to digitally promote your business. You’ll get more customers, more social media followers, and get bigger sales – affordably and automatically.
Our industry-leading WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions promotes your business both in-store and out. When your in-store customers connect to your HotSpot, they’ll login via Facebook, phone number, or Email, which we’ll then use to develop a full customer profile. Customers are taken to your business’s custom landing page, where they can be incentivized to Like you on social media in exchange for a deal, or even join your Loyalty Program! What a great way to turn those Holiday shoppers into long lasting, repeat customers! Check out the rest of our website to learn more.
Have any of your own tips for Thanksgiving/Black Friday? Sound off in the comments!