It’s important to stay on top of the trends. Everyone knows this. If you don’t, your business will be left in the dust.
But the real success doesn’t lie with those who maintain the trends. It lies with those who get ahead of them. Those who spot the trends, before they’re even really considered trends in the first place, are the ones that can truly thrive.
When you get ahead of a trend, you provide something that your competition doesn’t. It’s something that your audience wants, or needs, but they just don’t know it yet. Somehow, you find a way to connect Point A with Point B, and you end up resonating with your audience on some tangible level.
Want to spot the trends? Check out these 5 tips for spotting them.
- Realize that sometimes a trend may not necessarily be something that’s industry-wide. When it comes to trends, many of them can be purely specific to you or your local area. Pay attention to what’s going on with your competitors. Talk to friends and family about their purchasing habits.
- Look towards customer problems. Oftentimes, trends are developed out of problems that customers experience with businesses, their products, etc. If you can develop a solution to said problem, and then apply it towards future customer experiences, you’ve done a good job.
- Think proactively. This requires a somewhat entrepreneurial mindset. But don’t worry, you don’t need to be the Houdini of market-trend predictions. You just need to pay attention, and think critically about your customers’ wants and needs.
- Go directly to your customers. Just asking your customers what they want from your business can prove to be extremely useful.
- Don’t mistake a trend for a fad. A fad is gone within the year. A trend becomes a mainstay. You can capitalize on a fad to get ahead in the short-term. However, investment in a trend can yield much more effective long-term results.
Discover Trends With CoGoBuzz
You’ll never miss a trend again with our awesome marketing service, CoGoBuzz. Discover your customers with fully realized, automatically-developed customer profiles. Engage with them via our state-of-the-art WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions. Not only do we provide you with crucial demographic data about your customers, we also connect you with them through powerful in-store engagement straight to their mobile devices through your HotSpot. Our digital text-based loyalty programs set you up with the capability to truly connect with your customers, letting you find out critical information about your business by running contests, polls, and more.
How do you spot marketing trends? Sound off in the comments!