Of the four current living generations, Gen X, Gen Y, and Gen Z are poised to control the majority of wealth in the coming years. Each of these generations interacts with brands in drastically different ways. Head over to Modern Restaurant Management to learn how brand loyalty differs between the generations.
Let’s briefly recap the article.
- According to eMarketer, Gen X has the “highest rate of loyalty” of any generation.
- 60% use a smartphone and 75% are on social media, according to Millward Brown Digital research.
- Prefer traditional adverts.
- Gen X loyalty is built through relationships. They value customer support and deals.
Gen Y (Millennials)
- Millennials value discounts. 80% will switch brands to save money.
- Value personalized marketing.
- Likely to interact with mobile-based loyalty programs.
- Gen Z doesn’t remember a time before WiFi or smartphones.
- Digital communication through social media is essential.
- Loyalty can be fostered if restaurants can convince this generation to share their dining experiences on their social platforms.
Build Generational Loyalty With CoGoBuzz
CoGoBuzz makes developing loyalty for your restaurant infinitely easier – with every generation. Our affordable service uses WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions to incentivize customers to return to your restaurant, even after just a single visit. Leveraging your in-store WiFi, we’ll get you more Facebook followers automatically. Because customers login through WiFi with their Facebook profile, Email, or phone number, we even produce fully realized customer profiles, allowing you to personalize the customer experience (for every generation) on a much deeper level. Check out the rest of our website to learn more!