Keeping your loyalty program interesting is a big part of maintaining a solid base of repeat customers. If you’re not doing enough, the mindset of the customer can easily become “well, what have you done for me lately?” You don’t want that to happen.
Rewarding your loyalty members is sort of like a game. It needs to be consistent, but creative. It needs to work for your business, while also standing as a good value for the consumer.
Strapped for ideas? No problem. We’ve got you covered with these 7 great ways to keep your loyalty program in tip-top shape.
- Go digital. In 2018, digital loyalty programs aren’t just a good idea, they’re the standard. Loyalty cards, hole-punch or otherwise, have no place in today’s loyalty landscape. Not only are they extremely susceptible to being lost or forgotten at home, many of your competitors are already using digital solutions. You don’t want to be left behind.
- Then go mobile. Make sure you have a loyalty program that’s optimized for the mobile platform. It’s the best way to ensure your customers are engaged to the max. To get the best results, among other awesome perks, try a service like CoGoBuzz (more on that later). The ability to text your loyalty members with rewards whenever you want is powerful, and you’ll want to take advantage.
- Rewarding repeat visits. What I’m talking about here is essentially the digitalization of the punch-card/stamp system. For example, “Make a purchase at our store 5 times and get a free gift!”
- Exclusive sales/prices for members. Your loyalty members will appreciate the fact that they’re getting something exclusive for being a part of your program. Furthermore, since your loyalty program is free to join, exclusive prices will encourage non-members to sign up.
- Sweepstakes. If you decide to use a points system in your loyalty program, where customers get points for every purchase that they make, you can institute some clever sweepstakes. For example, “Earn 50 points in June to be entered for a chance to win a 55” 4K TV!”
- Store credit for referring friends. Never underestimate the lengths people will go to just to get a $5 gift card. If your customer has to refer four friends, and each one of those friends gets a $5 credit, you’ll plant the seeds for acquiring new customers while also rewarding those in your loyalty program.
- Create reward levels. A clever way that many companies use to reward customers, while also turning them into repeat spenders, is to incentivize them with different “status” levels. Think Bronze Status for standard loyalty members, Gold Status for frequent spenders, and a coveted Platinum Status for your most loyal customers. The higher the status, the greater their rewards will be (and the more they’ll have to spend to get there).
Redefine Loyalty With CoGoBuzz
With CoGoBuzz, digitally redefining your loyalty program has never been so affordable. Fully-scalable, our service seamlessly integrates loyalty programs into any business’s marketing efforts – big or small. Our service gets your business set up with mobile loyalty, simplifying customer engagement down to a text message.
CoGoBuzz comes packed with a ton of powerful features designed to keep your customers engaged, and constantly coming back for more. Leveraging WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions, our service hooks you up with automatic Facebook followers, full customer profiles for every customer that logs into your HotSpot, and a huge increase in repeat customers. Check out the rest of our website to learn about CoGoBuzz!
How has your business rewarded loyalty members? Sound off in the comments!