Maintaining a quality customer relationship is intrinsically tied to messaging.
Even the most personable and relatable brands are trying to control their messaging one way or another. It’s all part of the marketing. It’s calculated and it’s designed to make the customer feel a certain way about a brand.
The way in which you control your brand’s messaging can have a profound impact on your customer relationships.
Let’s take a look at how you can improve your business’s relationships.
Understand your customers
Creating a quality customer relationship bears a lot of similarities to how a relationship between two friends might form. There’s an understanding that’s created between each party.
Friends know basic things about each other. Interests, personality quirks, where they live, birthdays, and so on. It’s those factors that form the backbone of how they communicate with one another.
Likewise, it’s your job to understand your customers on a more personal level. Having a greater understanding of the customer puts your business in a better position to refine the brand. Here’s a couple ways to do it.
- Personalized content. According to Rapt Media, more than half of consumers surveyed (63%) said that more valuable, interesting, or relevant content would lead to a more positive impression of the brand. The more personalized you can make your content, the better.
- Defined demographics. When you understand your customer’s demographics, you’ll be able to refine the messaging based on factors like age, income, location, etc. This keeps you relevant. Customers get frustrated when they receive messaging that isn’t relevant to them.
Want to create valuable relationships with every customer that walks into your business? With CoGoBuzz, we’ll do it digitally, affordably, and automatically. (But more on that later!)
Find the best way to communicate
Relationships are built on communication. Therefore, in order to improve your customer relationships, you’ll need to determine which platforms are the right way to communicate.
For the purpose of this article, we’ll be doing a quick overview of three digital media methods that your business can use to communicate.
- Social Media. There are a variety of social media platforms that your business can use to communicate. From Facebook, to Instagram, to Snapchat, Twitter, and even Pinterest; your audience is on one (or more) of these networks. Social media is especially useful in humanizing your brand. Use it to engage with your customers.
- Email. One of the best ways to inform your audience. Your most loyal customers like to keep themselves informed through email newsletters, promotions, etc.
- SMS. Marketing through text messaging is one of the more intimate forms of communication. Customers almost always get the message, and many of them even prefer to be contacted this way. According to Mobile Marketing Watch, 75% of millennials prefer to engage with deliveries, surveys, promotions, and more through text messaging.
Whether it’s in the form of a bad review or a customer complain, criticism (no matter how negative) is one of the most valuable resources your business can take advantage of.
More importantly, criticism can help improve your brand’s messaging. When refining your messaging, the information you gain from criticism can help create a more proactive brand message. It helps you get ahead of any future bad reviews, press, and complaints.
Improve Relationships With CoGoBuzz
With CoGoBuzz, our state-of-the-art marketing service, you’ll start improving your customer relationships affordably and digitally.
Our service leverages in-store WiFi to discover your business’s core demographics, revealing crucial customer data. Because guests log in to your in-store HotSpot via Facebook, Email, or Phone Number, we’ll produces a full customer profile for every login. CoGoBuzz reveals the data behind your most frequent and active customers. We even link you up with your customers’ social media, so that you can examine their Likes, Interests, and more.
On top of all that, CoGoBuzz gets you more Facebook followers, repeat customers, and loyalty club members – Automatically!
Want to learn more about how CoGoBuzz can improve your customer relationships? Check out the rest of our website!
What does your business do to improve customer relationships? Let us know in the comments!