As technology and trends constantly change, so too does the nature of digital marketing. As expected, 2019 is poised to hold plenty of digital trends to watch for.
With 2018 nearly over, it’s time to get prepared for the new year. Here’s seven digital marketing tips and trends for 2019.
- Keep focusing on mobile. According to Responsify, 52.95% of people (worldwide!) are using mobile devices. Of course, desktop users still compose 43.11%, so don’t just rush to abandon those users.
- At the same time, develop a mobile marketing strategy (if you haven’t already done so). There are a number of factors to consider when developing your mobile marketing strategy. Obviously you should be tailoring your social media strategy towards mobile, optimizing your website for phones and tablets, etc. But mobile strategy doesn’t end there. There’s SMS marketing, WiFi marketing, and so much more to consider. Keep reading to find out how you can broaden your mobile strategy.
- Crank out the content. Content marketing is still poised to be a big deal in 2019. Make sure your business has a focused content strategy. It’s important to know what your content is, when/where it’s going out, and how you’re producing it. This one also comes by way of Responsify – total revenue from content marketing is expected to exceed $300 billion by 2019.
- Video is huge and gaining ground. According to Wyzowl, more than an hour and a half of online video content is consumed each day by the average person. On top of that? 15% are watching more than three hours. If you want to stay ahead of the curve, you’ll find a place for video in your content plan.
- Start (or keep) blogging. When it comes to content marketing, blogging is the top priority for 53% of marketers (Responsify again). Blogging takes time and effort, but it’s a highly effective way to engage with your audience.
- Adjust to changes in social media. One of the biggest recent changes in social media consumption has been the “Stories” format of consumption. Originally popularized on Snapchat, the format has taken off on both Instagram and Facebook. Now it’s starting to become an important factor in social media marketing. Furthermore, another trend to consider is live video. Live video allows brands to instantly communicate with their followers. Just make sure you’re prepared if you decide to do one.
- Facebook is still, far and away, the most popular social media platform. But depending on the nature of your business and demographics, you may want to keep your eyes on other platforms. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube are still extremely viable choices for your business.
Keep Up With New Technology
One of the most important things to do in digital marketing is to keep up with new technology that can make your life easier. Partnering with the right service can keep your business relevant all year long.
With CoGoBuzz, our state-of-the-art digital marketing solution, we’re here to do just that.
Our fully-featured marketing service tracks consumer metrics, boosts your social media presence automatically, and optimizes your digital strategy. Our advanced WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions target your customers in-store and out. We develop full profiles for every single customer that logs into your in-store HotSpot. On top of that, you’ll take advantage of a powerful text-based digital loyalty program, automatic Facebook followers, and more!
Check out the rest of our website to learn more!
What trends do you think will take off in 2019? Let us know in the comments!