Many businesses, marketers, and owners go to great lengths to understand why customers do what they do. Rather than over complicating matters, finding out what you want to know can be a whole lot more simple.
So what can you do? Just ask.
Gaining an understanding of your audience can be particularly valuable when marketing or improving your business. You’ll be surprised to learn how much customers are willing to share provided you just ask them.
To get you started, here’s 20 questions to ask your customers.
- Why do you shop with us?
- Do you feel that our products and services provide a good value?
- Which of our products or services do you use most? What do you use it for?
- If there was one aspect of our business that you could change or modify, what would it be?
- Do you feel that we provide excellent customer service? If not, how could we improve?
- When and how did you first discover our business?
- What’s kept you around as a customer?
- What (if any) negative experiences have you had with us?
- What was your most positive experience with us?
- Would you consider shopping with us an enjoyable experience?
- Do you shop with any of our competitors? If so, what informs your decision when selecting who to shop with? Is there anything specific that our competitors do that you would like us to do as well?
- Are you signed up for our loyalty program? If not, what would interest you into signing up?
- Are you signed up for our email newsletter? Would you say it provides relevant information?
- Do you follow any of our social media pages? Which ones?
- What sort of content would you like to see more of on our social media pages?
- Have you ever taken advantage of a sale, offer, or promotion in our store? Where did you find out about it from? Were any of them particularly noteworthy?
- Have you ever been to our website?
- Where do you prefer to browse the Internet? (E.g. desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.)
- Do you prefer to shop online or in-store? (If you offer online services.)
- Have you ever attended any of our events? If not, would you be interested in doing so?
Understand Your Audience With CoGoBuzz
Discovering your customers just go a whole lot easier. With CoGoBuzz, you’ll do it affordably and automatically.
Our state-of-the-art digital marketing service leverages advanced WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions to discover (and engage) your customers. Our services automatically build customer profiles for every single login to your in-store HotSpot. We back that up by hooking you up with an array of intuitive methods to engage your audience. With your brand new, CoGoBuzz-powered, text-based loyalty program, you can ask your customers questions at the push of a button! (They’ll answer whatever you want to know if you pair it with a reward.)
To learn more about CoGoBuzz, check out the rest of our website!
What does your business do to better understand the customer? Sound off in the comments!