Email’s been around a long time. In the world of digital marketing, it’s basically been around for an eternity.
At the same time, it’s as relevant as it’s ever been. According to WBR Research, 81% of retail professionals say that email marketing drives customer acquisition while 80% say it drives retention. Email marketing topped the list, ranking marginally higher than other digital tactics for customer acquisition/retention, such as organic search, paid search, and social media.
Indeed, email marketing has been tenaciously sticking around. And that’s ultimately because it’s evolving. In the article I linked to above, eMarketer speculates that email has been doing so well because marketers have learned that customers want personalized campaigns. They want emails that are designed and tailored specifically to them.
Of course, none of that’s going to matter if you don’t have an email list to begin with, right? Here’s 3 easy ways you can add some size to your email list.
Promote it in all the right places
Start things off by promoting your email newsletter in all the obvious places.
- On your website. At the very least, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have a quick signup form integrated into your website. You want this option at the bare minimum for people that are just looking to sign up.
- In-store. Next, ensure you’ve got some way to sign up in-store. Whether you’ve got a sign that’s talking about the benefits of your newsletter, along with a link to your website, or you’re giving customers a bonus 5% off purchase for signing up at the register, there’s a lot you can do.
- Social media. Here’s where you can get a little creative. Sure, you can always directly promote your email newsletter at random intervals. If you want to get even more subscribers though, pair it with a contest (or really any offer that you’d like to run) that needs an email for signup.
People love sharing the things they care about. Especially when there’s something in it for them. A great way to grow your email list is to incentivize your current customers into doing the legwork for you.
- Pair it with your loyalty program. Have a loyalty program? Try offering loyalty points for every email referral your member gets. This is a great way to build your email list and loyalty program.
- Let subscribers forward to friends. In your emails, make sure there’s an option encouraging subscribers to forward to friends. You can set up a referral program that rewards both parties with an offer upon signup in order to provide some incentive.
Do it automatically with CoGoBuzz
Wish there was a way to build your email list automatically? As it turns out, there is. And it’s all thanks to CoGoBuzz, our state-of-the-art digital marketing service.
CoGoBuzz empowers your CRM and Email Marketing accounts with industry-leading technology. Our service leverages your in-business WiFi to collect profile information from guests via Facebook, Email Address, or Phone Number logins. We’ll store customer profiles and automatically integrate them with your Marketing List of choice, including HubSpot, MailChimp, and Constant Contact. Check out the rest of our website to learn more about CoGoBuzz!
Have any advice on growing your email list? Sound off in the comments!