How well is your business engaging its customers? Whether you’re promoting your brand, developing loyalty, or providing service, customer engagement is a complex beast. That’s why it’s good to be prepared.
For your benefit, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of essential customer engagement statistics. Read ahead for all 25.
1. Unique clicks are 15% higher on websites that are optimized for mobile. (Formstack)
2. 57% won’t recommend businesses featuring a mobile site that’s designed poorly. (Formstack)
3. The average conversion rates for smartphone users are 64% higher than desktop users. (Formstack)
4. When making purchasing decisions while shopping, 79% of mobile users rely on SMS messaging that they’ve opted into in order to assist them. (99Firms)
5. Mobile has become the preferred method for checking email, with 67% of customers using their smartphones to do so. (99Firms)
6. Out of every 3 minutes spent online, 2 are spent on a mobile device. (99Firms)
7. The vast majority of time spent on social media (80%) is on a mobile device. (comScore)
8. When searching for a local business via mobile, 88% will either call or go to the business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
9. When entering a store, 64% of customers don’t mind retailers identifying them via their mobile devices, as long as they receive a personalized experience. (BRP Consulting)
10. 20% of your current customers will generate 80% of future profits. (CustomerThermometer)
11. Repeat customers spend 33% more than new ones. (CustomerThermometer)
12. Increasing customer retention by only 5% can lead to a 25% increase in profit. (Bain & Company)
13. 75% of loyal customers will make brand recommendations to their family and friends. (InMoment)
14. For 37% of shoppers, it takes more than 5 purchases to become loyal to a brand. 33% consider themselves loyal after 3 purchases, 17.65% after 4 purchases, and 12.35% after 2 purchases. (Yotpo)
15. More than half of customers (52.3%) will join a loyalty program. (Yotpo)
16. 55.3% of customers develop loyalty because of the product. 25.7% develop loyalty because of great deals. (Yotpo)
17. 33% of customers strongly agree (44% agree and 20% are neutral) that the quality of customer service is a significant factor in the development of loyalty. (Loyalty360)
18. 86% of adults in the U.S. will actually pay more to receive better quality customer service. (RightNow)
19. Following a negative customer experience, 26% vented frustration by making a negative post on social media. Of those who received a response, 57% had positive reactions to the company. (RightNow)
20. If a customer service issue is resolved fairly, even when the result doesn’t necessarily favor the customer, between 60 and 75% will still do business with the company. (CustomerThermometer)
21. On average, dissatisfied customers will share their experience with 11 others. (CustomerThermometer)
22. A pleasant customer service representative was key to 68% of recent positive service experiences. (American Express)
23. A customer service representative’s knowledge or resourcefulness was key for 62% of those surveyed. (American Express)
24. For simple inquiries, over 60% of customers opt for a digital self-serve tool, with 24% using a website, 14% using a mobile app, 13% using a voice response system, and 12% using online chat. (American Express)
25. For more complex issues, 23% seek a face-to-face interaction and 40% prefer a real person on the phone. (American Express)
Customer Engagement With CoGoBuzz
Ready to start engaging your customers on the devices they use the most? Get started with CoGoBuzz, our state-of-the-art digital marketing service.
Leveraging advanced WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions, our service is designed from-the-ground-up to provide the customer engagement that your business needs. Our service redefines your mobile experience, delivering in-store engagement through free, fast, and secure WiFi. Thanks to automatic data capture, we’ll set you up with valuable customer profiles. Build your email list, social media following, and more! Ready to adopt an all-digital loyalty program? CoGoBuzz comes packed with a text-based loyalty program, designed to keep your customers constantly coming back. It’s easy and intuitive.
Have any customer engagement tips to share? Sound off in the comments!