In 2020, marketers can’t afford to ignore mobile.
I can’t overstate how important mobile is in today’s world. We do everything on our phones. We learn, we communicate, we research, and we buy. Your brand needs to be a part of that equation. Your customers expect it.
It’s time for a mobile marketing update. Here’s twenty-five essential statistics that you need to know in 2020.
- People can’t seem to put their phones down. The average American is spending 5.4 hours per day using their mobile device. (Provision Living)
- Mobile users expect quick results. 75% of smartphone users expect immediate information. (Google)
- Want people to recommend your brand? Improve the mobile experience. 89% of people will be more likely to recommend your brand if they have a positive brand experience on their mobile device. (Google)
- Images and videos are key. You’ll find them in more than half (54%) of brand experiences on mobile. (Google)
- Social media has gone mobile. 54.2% of Facebook users access the platform exclusively via a mobile device. (VentureBeat)
- Don’t forget Twitter. 85% of time spent on the platform is all mobile. (Wall Street Journal)
- The majority of time (80%) spent on social media is via mobile. (comScore)
- Mobile web use is dominant. Roughly half of all global web traffic is generated by a mobile device. (Statista)
- In 2020, the top technical SEO tactic marketers are using to improve site performance is optimizing performance for mobile. (HubSpot)
- Unique clicks are 15% higher on websites that are optimized for mobile. (Formstack)
- The majority of people (79%) are more likely to go back to a mobile website that they find easy to use. (Google)
- Speed matters. More than half of all visitors (53%) to mobile websites will actually leave the site if it doesn’t load after only three seconds. (Google)
- Make sure your website works on Google Chrome. It’s the most used mobile internet browser in 2020. (Statista)
- Only taking mobile users into account, YouTube has a greater reach with the 18-34 U.S. audience than any individual TV network. (YouTube)
- Here’s an idea for you. YouTube videos with “ideas” in the title saw a 135% boost in mobile watch time over a two year period. (YouTube)
- Make sure your videos look okay on phones. 78.4% of all digital video is actually being viewed on a mobile device. (eMarketer)
- You need subtitles on your videos. The wide majority (85%) of videos on Facebook are watched without any sound. (American Press Institute)
- About 62% of all email gets opened on a mobile device. (Adestra)
- Attention spans are a bit higher when it comes to email. 66% of mobile emails earn more than eight seconds of reading time. (Litmus)
- Optimize your email for mobile. It’s the second most used tactic that email marketers are using to improve performance. (HubSpot)
- Mobile loyalty is a big deal. 57% of members want to engage with loyalty programs on their mobile devices. (Bond Loyalty Report)
- 37% of customers prefer to access rewards program info through a text message link. (CodeBroker)
- 75% of customers want to receive text offers from brands. (Digital Marketing Magazine)
- Customers who receive text messages are 40% more likely to convert. On top of that, proper use of texting can actually increase conversions by more than 100%. (Velocify)
- People prefer SMS communications because there’s no app download required and it’s easy to opt-in. (eMarketer)
Mobile Marketing With CoGoBuzz
Now that you’re up to date with all the latest, it’s time to kickstart your brand to mobile marketing success.
We’ve got you covered with CoGoBuzz, our powerful, state-of-the-art, and totally affordable service. Our service enhances your mobile marketing through industry-leading WiFi, SMS, and Email solutions. It’s extensively designed to target customers whether they’re in-store or out. We deliver consistent engagement, whenever and wherever.
Through WiFi, we’ll connect you with your customers via social media, getting you automatic followers. We’ll clue you into valuable customer insight, thanks to fully-realized profiles that we create for every single customer that logs into your HotSpot. CoGoBuzz hooks you up with all the valuable data you need to optimize your mobile marketing campaigns.
Click here to learn more about CoGoBuzz!
Have any mobile marketing tips to share? Sound off in the comments!